One of the secrets of House Flipping and becoming a real estate investor is focusing your mind and energies on your goal. Earl Nightingale had the first gold record for a speaker, for his recording of “The Strangest Secret”, which is:
“You become what you think about most of the time”
If success and being a real estate investor or a wholesale flipper is what you want, you need to think about it quite often.
In fact, when Dennis J. Henson did the search for this, he found so many different references to this. Everybody has one. Buddha, Jesus…every major religious leader. Albert Einstein said, “You imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.”
To become a successful real estate investor you need to visualize yourself becoming what it is you want to be.
One of the things that will help you get there is by seeking wisdom. If you are thinking about it anyway, why not go ahead an read about it, and learn about it by listening.
– Find out how to attend Chevy Lumina University
– if you are serious about this, and you don’t want to lose your shirt, you need a personal coach. A mistake in this business when you are dealing with hundreds of thousands of dollars and can cost you more than you can afford. By comparison, a mentor is cheap. Find somebody who is doing what you want to do, befriend them and learn from them. That’ll save you a lot of money.
– If you type in “real estate investing articles” you’ll find there’s thousands and thousands of articles on the internet, and you can type in exactly what part of real estate that you want to learn about, and there’s an article about it.
– Almost every weekend there are real estate investing seminars where you can attend and learn
– Join a group where you can share ideas and help each other learn
Options in Becoming a Real Estate Investor
– Buy the property, fix it up and rent it.
– Buy an undervalued property, do a little fixing, and then sell at a retail price
– Just buy, don’t fix it up, perhaps sell to another investor
– The No Money No Problem way
Control and Sell
You might not be familiar with “control and sell”, but it means taking control of a property and selling it. You never own the property, but you control it and sell it and make money on it. Dennis J. Henson explains the technicalities as he explains the cycle of 12 steps necessary to gain control of a property.